The Next Generation of Sustainable Insulation . . .
Naturally from Knauf.
EcoBatts® from Knauf Insulation do not look like any insulation you’ve ever seen, but that’s because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability we’ve never before achieved.
The color comes from ECOSE® Technology, a revolutionary more sustainable binder born from five years of intensive research. Based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals, ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used to make traditional fiber glass insulation. EcoBatt Insulation boasts exceptional quality and handling characteristics that keep installers happy and more productive—quick to recover, gutsy, yet easy to cut and handle and has a pleasing natural installed appearance.
EcoBatt Insulation with ECOSE Technology, the next generation of sustainable insulation…naturally from Knauf Insulation.
Features & Benefits
• Made primarily from sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources.
• Lower embodied energy than traditional fiber glass insulation.
• Rapidly renewable binder eliminates the use of non-renewable petroleum.
• Contains no phenol, no formaldehyde, no acrylics or artificial colors.
• Contains a minimum of 61.9% post-consumer recycled content.
• Cuts easily and cleanly with almost no dust
• Recovers fully and quickly
• Soft touch - no scratchy feel
• Enhances productivity
Legendary Handling Characteristics
While developing EcoBatt Insulation, maintaining Knauf’s legendary handling was mandatory. EcoBatt products deliver the same exceptional quality, handling and durability our customers have become accustomed to, with a higher level of sustainability.
EcoBatt products have superior consistency throughout the batt, from batt to batt and from package to package. They offer features installers really appreciate—quick recovery, gutsy, easy to cut, and less dusty. And EcoBatt Insulation has a friendlier feel, a pleasant natural scent and a distinctive natural installed look.
– 30 year Professional Insulation Installer
• Unfaced products do not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed.
• 5% maximum by weight.
• No greater than sterile cotton.
• Does not support microbial growth.
• Noncombustible (Unfaced).
• Extensive testing confirming no insect or vermin attraction.
||Knauf Insulation Ecobatt® Insulation is certified for indoor air quality as a low emitting product by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute to both the GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification ProgramSM and the more stringent GREENGUARD Children & Schools standard and is verified to be formaldehyde free. www.greenguard.org.